Are you a travel blogger, or someone who has the skill to present travel experience in a humorous and informative way? How’d you like to publish a guest post on Trek Route?
The Kinds of Guest Posts We’re Looking For
This is what a guest post for Trekroute.com needs:
- Your guest post should be insanely informative: Your guest post should provide practical, down to earth and useful information. If you are writing about a place or a vacation spot, you should cover all the angles, and not leave a lot of questions for our readers to search elsewhere.
- Your guest post should SELL a destination: Whether your guest post is about vacation spot or a destination, by the end of the article I and our readers should want to go there immediately.
- Your guest post should target a competitive keyword: We can help you with keyword research but it definitely helps if you already have something in mind when you pitch to us.
Have an idea for a travel guest post? Awesome! Use the form below to send us a message with a pitch.
Guest Post Guidelines
- At least 1,500 words: At the bare minimum, your post must be 1.5k words, and that’s really doing the least. Aim for 2k+. We don’t write short posts. We don’t think they’re sufficient to convey the depth of information that our readers come to our site looking for. So beef your post up and get wordy.
- No more than 5 links to your site. Feel free to sprinkle your 5 links wherever you like to reap the SEO benefits of guest posting! We’re also happy to link to your social media.
- Include relevant links to other sites. If you list a business or attraction in your post, you need to include a link to their website and their physical address. You should be providing enough relevant information to need a few links! For those concerned that this dilutes the effectiveness of their guest post, it doesn’t: Google loves relevant links because it means you’re serving up legitimately useful content.
- A short bio about yourself. Our readers want to be introduced to you before they dive into your amazing post, so give them a little bio with some context about who you are! Feel free to plug your social media in here as well.
- If you have photos, they must be high-res and edited. We love when you have high-res edited photos (at least 900px wide). If you are including photos, they should match the content of the post and be visually stunning – nothing dark or grainy. If photos aren’t your strong suit or you don’t have photos that will work for your post, don’t worry: we can source copyright free stock photos.
Please note that we will try to limit edits to your post as much as possible, but we reserve the right to make changes to fit the tone, voice, or narrative flow of your post to fit our site. Whenever possible we will ask you for edits before we make our own changes. We also reserve the right to add affiliate links.